Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Open Source Geospatial Foundation. Copyright (c) 1996-2008 Regents of the University of Minnesota.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies of this Software or works derived from this Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If not stated otherwise, all content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licence (CC BY-SA).
Major funding for the development of MapServer has been provided by NASA through cooperative agreements with the University of Minnesota, Department of Forest Resources. Additional enhancements have been made by the State of Minnesota, Department of Natural Resources and the Land Management Information Center. We would like to acknowledge other major contributions as well:
- MapServer and MapScript have been developed by Stephen Lime.
- Raster access module developed by Pete Olson and Stephen Lime.
- PHP/MapScript module was developed by DM Solutions and is maintained by MapGears.
- Portions copyright (c) 1998 State of Minnesota, Land Management Information Center.
- Ongoing maintenance and support frequently provided by the US Army Corps of Engineers
- Several version 6.2 features funded through Météo-France