Version 7.0.0 Announcement¶
|Authors:||Project Steering Committee|
The MapServer Team is pleased to announce the release of MapServer 7.0.
This 7.0 release brings a number of major new features that are summarized in this document. The full list of changes can be found in MapServer 7.0 Changelog.
Major New Features in MapServer 7.0¶
- MS RFC 113: Layer Compositing Pipeline
- MS RFC 109: Optimizing Runtime Substitutions
- MS RFC 108: Dynamic Heatmap (Kernel Density Estimation) Layers
- MS RFC 105: Support for WFS 2.0 (server side)
- MS RFC 104: Replace BITMAP labels with embedded Truetype font
- MS RFC 103: Layer Level Character Encoding Handling
- MS RFC 99: Remove support for GD renderer
- MS RFC 98: Label/Text Rendering Overhaul
- MS RFC 93: UTF Grid Support
- MS RFC 91: Layer Filter Normalization
- Implement WCS20 Extensions (#4898)
- Require validation of ExternalGraphic OnlineResource (#4883)
- Require validation on the CGI queryfile parameter. (#4874)
- Apply RFC86 scaletoken substitutions to layer->PROCESSING entries
Source Code Download¶
The source for this release can be downloaded at:
The other binary distributions listed in the download page should also be updated with binaries for the new release shortly.
Thank you to all of the users, developers, and supporters of MapServer. Enjoy!
The MapServer Team